Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Lindsey Vonn Is Coming Back

Lindsey was already back on snow & in full training mode when she had a bad crash during a Downhill training run in Copper Mountain. Unfortunately she tore her ACL again but she still tried to ski & started in Lake Louise & Val d'Isere. She had a successful Comeback in Lake Louise but another setback in Val d'Isere where she injured her meniscus. 

 

She decided at the begin of January that she won't start in Sochi: "I am devastated to announce that I will not be able to compete in Sochi. I did everything I possibly could to somehow get strong enough to overcome having no ACL but the reality has sunk in that my knee is just too unstable to compete at this level. I'm having surgery soon so that I can be ready for the World Championships at home in Vail next February. On a positive note, this means there will be an additional spot so that one of my teammates can go for gold. Thank you all so much for all of the love and support. I will be cheering for all of the Olympians and especially team USA! XO Lindsey"

 

She had surgery on the 15th January and it was successful!

 

Lindsey with her doggy Leo after surgery! ©Lindsey Vonn






 

On the day after surgery she already started with therapy!

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the 21st Januray Lindsey posted a pic of herself during rehab with the quote: "No pain no gain. #IWILL"

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

Around the 23rd January Lindsey had the nerve block taken out of her leg & she got a video of it with her GoPro.





During the next days Lindsey trained on the balance board & learned how to walk again.  

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn
 

On the 28th January she gave an interview on the Today Show about her knee and she spoke about her role as a Olympic correspondent for NBC. Her doggy Leo was by her side during the interview :)

 

She said about her knee: "I feel OK. I guess I've been through this now once before so I kind of know the drill unfortunately. It's been almost two weeks, and it feels all right. It's a little bit less complicated than the first surgery. (They) didn't have to work on the MCL, but unfortunately had to reconstruct the ACL again and (the knee) also had significant meniscus damage. It was pretty major surgery despite being better than last time, but I'm recovering well."

 
©Lindsey Vonn
 

On the 29th January she got her stitches out!

 

©Lindsey Vonn

  

On the 13th February Lindsey gave an Interview about her rehab on the Today Show. She said: "“The most important thing is to stay focused on the end game, the end goal. And that's getting back to the slopes. If I can motivate myself to come into rehab every day and do what I'm supposed to do, that's gonna be huge in the long run.”

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the 4th March she was already doing some balance lunges in therapy & on the 26th March she was making weighted squats with a little bit of weight. 

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

 

At the end of March she gave an Interview to the Associated Press and said that the rehab on her surgically repaired right knee is "slow going" and that she doesn't anticipate a return to racing until December. 

 

There was "quite a bit of meniscus damage" in the knee and that's caused her to push back her time frame. She added that she hopes to be back on snow by October and racing in Lake Louise, Alberta, two months later. She said she's committed to competing at the 2018 Winter Games.

 

Source: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/vonn-hopes-return-racing-early-december

 

Lindsey continued to work hard in her rehab and she continued to make process. In an Interview on the 13th May she said: "Rehab is not a fun thing to do — it's very monotonous and tedious and a lot of the same exercises over and over and over.  Still, things are "right on track, if not slightly ahead. I feel like I'm making really good progress now. I'm in a good place. " 

 

Source:http://bigstory.ap.org/article/vonn-woods-lean-each-other-through-rehab

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

  

At the end of May Lindsey started already to work with the slack line!

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the end of June Lindsey came to Austria for her yearly training camp with Red Bull. She stayed for 2 weeks till the 17th July and said in an Interview for ORF that she'll do a lot of cycling and training in the gym. 

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

 

At the begin of August Lindsey talked in an Interview with Shape Magazine about the status of her rehab and her goals. 

 

She said about her rehab: "I've been pushing really hard in the gym these last two months, working out two times a day, six days a week. For a while I really wasn't able to do much with my knee besides basic range-of-motion exercises, so I really focused on hammering my upper body hard—lots of pull-ups. Skiing is about 70/30 lower body to upper body, but those first 10 seconds of any run are all arms. I work hard for these guns!"

 

Asked if she ever thought about retiring she answered: "To be honest, if I had done well in these last Olympics I probably would have retired in 2015 after the upcoming World Championships. But since I had to pull out, I knew right away that I was in it for another four years. So it turns out I'm going to be in the sport I love a little bit longer than I'd planned, which is actually a really great thing."

 

Source:http://www.shape.com/blogs/fit-famous/lindsey-vonn-im-sport-another-4-years/

 

In August she was some weeks in Vail where she was most of the time in the gym or outside hiking with her dog Leo. 

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the 15th September Lindsey was in Florida at the St.Andrews Institute for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine where she had some test with her knee. After this tests Lindsey got cleared to ski by Dr Andrews who also made the surgery on her knee in January.

 

She posted: "Did some testing at the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine yesterday. Dr Andrews has officially cleared me to ski! I want to thank everyone who helped me get back on the slopes. It's been a long road but it was worth it!!!! #ilovemyjob #cantwaittoski #bestdocever"

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

 

Afterwards she flew back to Vail where she continued to train hard in the gym until the 1st October where she will be back on skis.

 

On the 18th September she had a ride in Vail on her new bike!

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

She continued to work hard in the gym in the following days and she also spent some time hiking with Leo. 

 

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the 29th September she posted that she had her last hike of the Season and she will be skiing soon. 

 

"Last @vailmtn hike of the season with my dog Leo and the new GoPro Hero4! Can't wait to start skiing soon but I'll miss this cutie while I'm gone. #goneskiing #hero4 #iloveleo #gopro"

 

©Lindsey Vonn

 

On the 1st October Lindsey will be back on skis starting her on snow training for this Ski Season. 

 

We wish you all good luck for your on snow training Lindsey & hope that all goes well with your knee. Enjoy your skiing time because you worked so hard that you deserve some fun back on snow. Take care & have fun skiing!

GO LINDSEY GO ;)

  xoxo Marion


©Oakley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment